Leadership is a primary focus of FCCLA. As students take responsibility for planning, implementing, and evaluating chapter projects and activities, they develop the skills needed to take the lead in their families, careers, and communities.
State Leadership Development
The Colorado FCCLA Leadership Institute is a training and development program for all affiliated members. This program is aligned to the Employability Skills Framework developed by the US Department of Education. The Leadership Institute aims for participants to:
- Promote the ultimate leadership experience
- Gain knowledge and understanding of leadership
- Cultivate a sense of self-awareness through identifying and developing a leadership vision and style
- Demonstrate employability skills of applied knowledge, effective relationships, and workplace skills
- Promote leadership through Family and Consumer Sciences Education
National Leadership Development
Join youth leaders from across the country at the nation’s Capitol to meet and develop your leadership skills, learn about government relations, and meet with elected officials.
Gain leadership training and be recognized for your self-improvement efforts. There’s an option for everyone through the academy’s four concentrations:
- FCCLA Ultimate Leader
- Student Leadership Challenge Achiever
- Expert Advocate
- Master State Officer