Power of One helps students find and use their personal power. Members set their own goals, work to achieve them, and enjoy the results. The skills members learn in Power of One help them now and in the future in school, with friends and family, in their future at college, and on the job.
Have you ever thought about a special goal?Maybe you would like to develop better study habits, cope with a physical challenge, get along with a sibling, improve job skills, become a leader – or any other personal goal. Power of One is for You!You select the goals most important to you, then create a plan of action to meet them.
Power of One project relates to one of the following five units:
- A Better You – Improve personal traits
- Family Ties – Get along better with family members
- Working on Working – Explore work options, prepare for a career, or sharpen skills useful in business
- Take the Lead – Develop leadership qualities
- Speak Out for FCCLA – Tell others about positive experiences in FCCLA.
FCCLA offers the following recognition to members who complete Power of One units:
- One to Four Unit Completer: Individuals that complete 1 – 4 units may complete the State Recognition for National Program Participation Form and receive a certificate of participation and special pre-show recognition at the State Leadership Conference.
- All Five Unit Completer: Individuals that complete all 5 unites must complete the Five Unit Recognition Application and advisers must apply on the national affiliation site. Award honors may include special recognition at the State Leadership Conference, online, and in Colorado Comments newsletter and recognition at the National Leadership conference and national website.