The FCCLA Stand Up national peer education program guides members to develop, plan, carry out, and evaluate advocacy activities to improve the quality of life in their communities. Members develop their voice to make a positive impact. Through their projects, members experience character development and improve their critical and creative thinking, interpersonal communication, leadership, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
Stand Up Units
- Assess current needs
- Educate others regarding concerns
- Advocate so that they can make a difference now and in the future
Colorado FCCLA offers two types of state recognition to chapters that complete Stand Up projects.
- State Project Awards: Chapters apply to showcase their hard work and innovative projects with the Colorado Program Award Application. The 1st place chapter honor may include cash awards and special recognition at the State Leadership Conference, online, and in Colorado Comments newsletter.
- State General Recognition: Individuals and chapters that complete a National Program project may complete the State Recognition for National Program Participation Form and receive a certificate of participation and special pre-show recognition at the State Leadership Conference.
• CareerSafe Online, provide high school students with
the education, awareness, and resources it takes to
stay safe while on the job and in the digital world.
• Growth Energy, serves as the leading source of
information for consumers seeking cleaner, more
affordable fueling options. https://growthenergy.org
• POET is an innovative, global leader in clean,
renewable energy. www.poet.com